Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March into Merivale - est.

To celebrate the first day of Autumn, we, foodies group, organised to go to est. for their March into Merivale event. There is a choice of 1, 2 or 3 course menu. We all went for 2 course, either entree and main or main and dessert.
Angel Hair Pasta, Pancetta, Garlic, Black Pepper, Parmesan
As I have tried their mulloway before, I have choosen something different this time... soy glazed beef. Interestingly the taste of grated apple and radish, reminded me of ginger and shallot sauce.
Soy Glazed Beef, Sesame, Grated Apple and Radish
Quail Breast, Kipflers, Lemon and Thyme, Salmoriglio
I cant finish my meal without desserts! The sourness of the blackcurrant balance with the sweetness of the caramelised fig.
Caramelised Black Figs, Blackcurrant Sorbet, Almonds
Love that vanilla favour and it is a lot better than what I thought.
Vanilla Bavarois, Summer Berries and Meringues
It was a good night to celebrate first day of autumn with my foodies group. Good food, good friends what can you ask for more?


March into Merivale runs from 21 February 2011 to 15 April 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment